Web directory is also known as link directory that specializes in the process of linking a website into other website. It specializes in categorizing such links. Web directories can be helpful and useful to you especially in the mechanism of; you just have to make sure that you will perform it correctly.
For you to build your visibility in the internet, submitting a good web directory is a good idea. This will also help you in ranking higher in various search engines. You have to make sure that your website will be listed in some web directories because this will lead you towards being visible especially on Google and Yahoo.
What to Look for in Good Web Directory
If you are wondering if what you will look for when choosing a web directory, here are the important things that you should look for. Make sure to take note of this so that it will be easier for you to do so:
· Directory age
· Indexed web directory
· Web directory’s domain age
· Number of links included in the web directory
· Wed directory’s design
· Size of the web directory
· PageRank of the home page’ directory
· Web directory’s link back
· PageRank category listings
What makes it good?
· Topic – Your website directory will not be started if you don’t have a niche yet. Make sure to find a niche or topic that you are passionate with. Use a topic which you think will sound interesting.
· Content – If you are going to make a directory, make sure that you are aware of the content that you put on it. Make sure that the content is great, catchy and can really get the customer’s interests. You can put great content such as articles, tools, blog posts, charts, resource lists; investigate journalism, diagrams and others.
· Purpose – In your, make sure that your purposes of doing it are listed and you are clear with it. Also, you have to make sure that your web directory is designed to help websites rank higher in various search engines and make their website more visible.
· Indexed – A good web directory should be indexed especially in Google. You will be able to find the information by means of using the website advanced search operator. Of course, aside from the checking the indexing the web directory, you should also make sure that you will check whether the category you have chosen is also indexed.
These are just few of the things that make a web directory good. In submitting you link to such web directory, make sure that you have met all the above mentioned qualifications. Do not forget to verify the cache date of the directory and check whether within 2 months, it has been visited by Google.
And since you are the one who will submit the links to web directory, make sure that you will disregard pagination because Google will just pass it. Submitting your links in a web directory gives you greater chances of being on the higher rank.